Date of Birth: 12th October, 1980.
Prof. Dr. Muzafer Shala was appointed as Minister of Innovation and Entrepreneurship since 17 July 2019.
PhD in Electronic Engineering, School of Engineering and Digital Arts-University of Kent at Canterbury, 2006 – 2010
Thesis Title: Design and Implementation of Optical Code Division Multiple Access Communication Systems.
Brief Synopsis of Research:
Optical Code Division Multiple Access (OCDMA) has become a promising technology to implement truly all- optical communication and networking that uses optical signal processing directly, combining the advantages of electrical CDMA with the bandwidth predominance of fiber-optic and optical-signal processing devices. We have developed a method for designing complete OCDMA system and implementing on a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA). The design procedure that we have developed will enable designers to design any digital communication system and automatically produce the hardware implementation. This is very significant development and will appreciably cut the design and implementation time for industry and research.
During my PhD I have also led seminars, supervised undergraduates in the laboratory and taken a course on "Effective Tutoring and Assessment".
University of Prishtina, BSc in Computer Science, 1999 – 2005
Modules included: Structured Programming, Software Engineering, Signal & Communication Theory , Computer Networks, Object oriented Programing, Databases, Digital communications, Digital Signal processing, Microcomputer engineering, Electronics circuits, Communication systems, Final Project (Diploma project).
Final project: Detailed analysis of Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) using Matlab /Simulink. Project includes three parts of DAS: Sensors, Signal conditioning circuitry and Analog-to-digital converters. For this project I have received highest possible grade that gives University of Pristina.
‘Distinguished Student’ diploma for good performance on studies given from the University of Prishtina on its thirty second anniversary, 15/02/2002.
Professor Assistant of Computer Science Subjects
University of Mitrovica “Isa Boletini” Nov 2016 – Present
Teaching Subjects: Programming, Object Oriented Programming, WEB Programing and Development, Software Engineering, and Database Systems.
Coordinator for Academic Development at Faculty of Mechanical and Computer Engineering
Lecturer of Computer Science Subjects
Universum College – Prishtina Feb 2017 – Present
Teaching Subjects: Introduction to Programming and WEB Technologies, Introduction to Data Structures, and Development of WEB Application and WEB Services.
Lecturer of Mechatronics and Computer Science Subjects
University for Business and Technology Nov 2011 – Oct 2016
Teaching Subjects: Technical Foundation of IT, Computer Science 1, Computer Science 2, Research Methods, Intelligent Systems, Introduction to Mechatronics, Design of Mechatronics Systems, Implementation of Mechatronics Systems and Control Engineering
Dean of Faculty of Mechatronics Management, Acting dean of Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering and Acting dean of Faculty of Energy Efficiency Engineering
Teacher of Maths The Howard School, Canterbury, UK Sep 2010 – Nov 2011
• Produce high quality resources and take part in the creation of new Faculty schemes of work.
• Identify and differentiate the groups of learners within teaching groups.
• Track progress through assessment and reporting within own teaching groups.
• Regularly mark and feedback to students in line with the Faculty assessment systems.
• Monitor the progression of all students in own teaching groups.
• Identify students at risk of underachievement in liaison with the Key Stage coordinator
Postgraduate Demonstrator University of Kent, United Kingdom Sep 2006 – Sep 2010
• Assist with the delivery of teaching within established programmes under the direction of the teacher.
• Provide support to students in the use of laboratory equipment during practical experiments
• Contribute to the planning and review of the delivery of practical modules
• Work with other demonstrators and tutorial assistants to ensure that practical classes run effectively
• Deal with student queries about the content and delivery of a module as well as providing advice and ideas to them where necessary
Control and Instrumentation Engineer Galvanized Bands and Metal Sheets Factory-Llamkos
Mar 2005 – Nov 2006
Member of a group that was involved in advanced process control (APC) of galvanization line and temperature in the oven and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
• designing and developing new control systems
• maintaining and modifying existing systems,
• managing operations,
• troubleshooting and problem-solving,
• Providing advice and consultancy support.
Teacher of Informatics and Electronics Secondary Technical School “Lutfi Musiqi”
Sep 2001 - Mar 2005
• Similar with the job that I have done in The Howard School.
• Innovative Teaching Education in Mathematics-iTEM, Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, Czech Technical University, Czech Republic, Co-founded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union
• Erasmus+ Staff Training Week in Philipps-Universität Marburg, Germany
• Innovative Teaching Education in Mathematics-iTEM, Technological Educational Institute of Crete, Greece, Co-founded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union
• Erasmus+ KA107 Staff Mobility-Mykolas Romeris University, Vilnius, Lithuania
• Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Dessau Campus, Germany
• University of Montenegro, Podgorica, Montenegro
• Polis University, Tirana, Albania
• Aleksander Moisiu University, Durres, Albania
• Entrepreneurial Camp, SEECEL - South East European Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning, 9 – 12 April 2013 in Dubrovnik, Croatia
• Programming Languages and Development Platforms: Matlab/Simulink, Java, C++, C#, Python, Java Script, PhP, HTML, CSS, SQL, Pascal, Xilinx System Generator, VHDL
• Applications: Optiwave, VPIphotonics, Cisco Packet Tracer, Wireshark, GNS, Opnet, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Paint Shop Pro and several e-mail packages.
• Operating Systems: Unix, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8, Windows XP
• It was important to complete my PhD within 4 years and this I did successfully. I also met without fail, the many deadlines in my teaching, supervisory and managerial duties. I have extensive experience of juggling different tasks and bringing these to a successful conclusion.